The Old Boys’ Association was formed in 1923 to provide opportunities for reunions of pupils throughout their adult life. Many sports and social functions are arranged by the Association for all age groups. The Association also acts as a contact source for its members, enabling friends to keep in touch from all over the World
The Old Boys Rugby Team of 1922-23 Pictured are: L. Day, R. A. Powell, H. E. Powell, E. Bannister, D. R. Dorrell (Hon. Sec.) A. W. T. Williams (Referee) P. A. Telford, F. E. Kynch (Hon. Sec.), J. E. Rosser, R. Smith, Scott, H. G. Downes (Vice-Capt.), J. Stephens, H. Jones J. E. Jackson, […]
This is a school or class photo from 1915. Unfortunately we have no additional information on this photo except for the date.
Certainly one of the earliest photographs to have survived, this shows the entire school. The staff are wearing bowler hats, the pupils are all wearing “mortarboards”.
Grammar School buildings nearing completion at Pen-y-Pound. This photograph is dated 1889, but all other sources give the date of completion of the new building as 1898, so it is likely that the digits were transposed in error.